Thursday, December 26, 2013

New Years will be here soon!

Wow its hard to believe that this year has gone by so fast. This past year has been so busy that I am not sure where all the time went. We celebrated so many 1st for Logan including his first birthday this year. We also celebrated Keith retiring after 20 Years in the Navy and shortly after that welcomed our precious Grayson to our family.

After a day full of celebrating together as a family I was cleaning and thinking about New Years and whether I wanted to make any resolutions. This year is going to be extremely busy as Keith has accepted a job in Colorado, meaning that we will be planning a big move hopefully sooner rather than later. His new job also requires him to deploy over seas which we are not looking forward to but know that in the long run this can be a good thing for our family. So rather than making a resolution that I probably wont be able to keep I am just going to set some goals that I would like to work towards:

1. Be strong for my little boys. Daddy being gone is harder on them than it is on me.
2. Strive to teach and nurture my little guys even if I don't feel like it.
3. Continue to make things for my little guys that will make time together special as well as make the pictures for daddy memorable.
4. Kind of off the wall but make at least one thing every month for our Christmas 2014. New house, New adventures, Christmas 2014 will be one to remember even if Daddy is deployed I vow to make Christmas in our new home special.

This year we didn't do much for Christmas because we didn't know if Daddy was going to be able to come home to spend it with us. We had all the gifts and goodies for the boys but there weren't many decorations around the house due to a busy mommy of 2 under the age of 2 that didn't feel up to digging through storage to get our decorations.

Next year will be different. I hope to be more organized and have things planned a little better.

I hope that everyone has had a Merry Christmas and wish you all the best in the up coming year.




No comments: