Monday, July 20, 2009

Starting over

Wow I feel like I am starting over with this whole blog thing. I have been so busy (or beat down rather) with medical and everything going on that I didn't have anything quilty or crafty to talk about so I pretty much quit blogging all together.

Well we have alot of catching up to do.. in the last month I went to North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida to meet and visit with Keiths family as well as be supportive to Keith and his family through memorial services for his Grandfather. Not the first meeting that we had all imagined but it worked out.

While on vacation in Florida (the day of the memorial to be exact) we caught rumor from a friend that Keith was going to be deploying. This was not in the plan he originally had orders to a squadron that wasn't supposed to go on deployment until January. The navy modified his orders for a different squadron and he is set to leave to meet them in about a week.

When we returned from florida and started getting things together for him we decided to go ahead and get married before he left for deployment rather than wait until November/ December like we had originally planned. So on July 11th we got married.. the funny thing is he reminds me every morning "Your my wife" with a big grin on his face.

This week is going to be all about having nice meals and spending time together.. and getting his things ready to deploy. I guess this weekend we are going to go out for a nice meal maybe a movie.. I am kinda looking for things that we can do for a quite at home date night maybe a couple of them.. What would be a good at home movie to watch?

So after he heads out for deployment I will be doing alot more sewing and hopefully quilting.. Yeah!! Oh and I can't wait I am already planning a weekend sew-in with a friend for the weekend after he leaves.. Keith has even helped get things together for me.. smiles.. Just hope my quilty friend doesn't have to work too much that weekend. (oh and pictures to follow of our ceremony.. Smiles)

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Congrats Heather! Hope you have a wonderful week with Keith before he deploys. Can't wait to see pictures.

Jen said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. I thought this would be a short engagement!! :)

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again!! Congrats on the wedding!! And winning the moolah in Vegas! :)

I will be sooo ready for a sew-in weekend!! They are great! Woo hoo!!

As for a movie - The Princess Bride is a classic! I watched part of that this past weekend. I will have to think about some others for you.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Congrats.

We need prictures!!!!

Regina said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you both.