Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday Night Sewing

Well I did actually get something done tonight. I completed 2 of 3 blocks for our guild block of the month. I still need to write up the instructions but that is easy. Here they are..
Common Threads Block January 2012
Simple but I think that they will make a great quilt for whomever wins the blocks. I have debated getting a jelly roll to make the same quilt but I am going to pass on that until I get some other things done.
I also completed step 2 of a mystery quilt that was supposed to be worked on for Christmas eve and Christmas Day. I cut a bunch of stuff those days but wasn't up to sewing. I decided to do a scrappy christmas quilt. Here are my squares cut for clue 2:
Christmas Mystery 2011
I am working out of my comfort zone on this one. Its supposed to be scrappy and I decided to use some green fat quarters that I got through the Cotton Patch stuff your stocking deal that they had this year. They picked the greens, some that I wouldn't have touched with a 10 foot pole but its supposed to be scrappy. We will see how it turns out.. Smiles

Tomorrow is belated Christmas with my family. So tomorrow Maggie (the dog) and I are going to hop in the truck and drive to my parents house. I don't think that I will have the chance to sew tomorrow but you never know.



No comments: