Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sponge Bob

Okay So I asked everyones advice on what to do with this spongebob fabric and I want to thank everyone for their inputs I got alot of great ideas. Then I came across this book on my shelf called "Clever Quilts Encore" . I was hoping to find the quilt that I thought might work on the net but its not there. So I am going to proceed to describe it the best I can. I would map it out in EQ and post it but I have yet to put EQ back on the computer since it crashed.

Here goes there are 2 basic blocks in the quilt 1 is just a square of fabric they used 6" but I can change it to 8 if I want. and then the second block is a 4 patch but 2 squares are smaller 4 patches. Does that make sense? It creates the chain like effect? If I use the spongebob for the bigger blocks and then the other stuff for the 4 patch I think it would look cool. Not to mention I may use the same pattern for the Dale Junior quilt my brother has been begging me for.

I'm not set on the idea. I'm cleaning house and hoping to get some inspiration to sew this evening. That would be great if I could get some more things sewn. I felt like I did alot yesterday even though I really didn't.

Well I need to get back to cleaning and picking up.

3 comments:

Carla said...

I used the "Clever Quilts" book once to make a quilt with novelty fabric. It has really good ideas, doesn't it? I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!

Cindy said...

Oh I can't wait to see the pictures it sounds like a great quilt and quick and easy to do.

Moneik said...

Can't wait to see your quilt.