Monday, April 1, 2013

Case of the Mondays...

I woke up this morning feeling Blah!! I have had several nights in a row that I have trouble sleeping. Then of course the animals realize that I am awake and want attention so they won't leave me alone meaning even if I could fall back asleep they aren't going to let me.

I'm sure some of the problem is pregnancy anxiety and the thought that Mogie's birthday and Easter had to be perfect. Well now Easter and his birthday are done. Some things didn't turn out the way I expected but all in all it was perfect and we have tons of adorable pictures to cherish.

I could not believe what a good sport Mogie was. He wore his crown several times through out the day and never once complained. Knowing that and seeing his reaction I think that there will definatley be other hats and costume type things on my "To Make" list that can be put away for special play times and rainey day fun (Not that we get a whole lot of rain).

As a Machine Embroiderist do you set your self goals as to completed projects or estimated completed stitches per week/ month? I am finding mysef more and more closing my eyes at night and thinking that I wish that I had turned the machine on and done something. I have tried to document my stash several times and well have not been sucessful at all. This weekend I did a lot of marathon stitching to get things done for Logan's birthday and Easter. It felt good to stitch both embroidery and regular sewing even if some of the projects didn't work out.

So todays Monday as well as a new month. I am going to start fresh. Being a busy mom to a toddler it isn't always easy to get to the sewing or embroidery machine but I am going to try. I have set my self a goal of 50,000 stitches a week on the embroidery machine. To some that may seem like alot but in the word of machine embroidery its not really that much. I have tons of projects swirling around in my head as well as some that I started and need to finish. Any one else want to join in?
 This Anita Goodesign "Christmas Town" is one of the many things that I have started and didn't get to finish due to health issues before Christmas. I don't think that it will count for "Christmas Through the Year" until the quilt is done but it would do wonders for my stitch goal as well as complete a UFO. I think I can manage one block a week or maybe 2 a month. Then maybe it can be displayed this year.

Until Later .. Happy Stitching

No comments: