Monday, January 4, 2010

What has this world come to??

Last night I talked to my younger brother and found out that some very mean and nasty person decided to steal his snoopy christmas lawn ornament new years night. He said that he and his wife went to bed about 11pm or so and when they got up in the morning it was gone.




People at work today seem to think it was a drunkin New Years prank and they may be right but why ruin some one elses new years by making them feel uncomfortable. I don't know if you have ever had your car or house broken into but I have and it leaves a very uneasy feeling. A feeling like its going to happen again and for me it was the feeling that some one is out there watching me get into my truck in the dark in the morning.

So last night I searched on ebay and managed to find another Snoopy (Red Baron) like the one that he had and bid on it. Was lucky enough to win it and Keith and I will be giving it to my brother for his birthday. Yes his birthday is in march but when you find a deal off season that is some times the best time to buy.


Today has proven to be the typical monday where everything that could go wrong has. I hope that, that streak is over for the morning since things have finally settled down.

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

My car was broken into right before the quilt retreat in April and I was worried that people would feel uncomfortable leaving their machines in their cars or even leaving their cars in my parking lot.

You are right - very uneasy feeling!!