Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday Already??!!

My goodness I can't believe that it is Thursday already!! Where did my week go?? I had so much to do this week and it doesn't seem that I have gotten anything done. Mostly because I tried to do to much at one time and ended up having to rest but still I have a list 100 miles long. Logan's 1st birthday is this weekend as well as his first easter that he is able to some what understand what is going on and I have nothing completed that I wanted done.

On top of that, I wanted things to be clean and tidy so that Keith could come home and relax this weekend and not spend his weekend helping me to clean due to nesting and having the overwhelming urge to clean EVERYTHING and well that just hasn't happened. Ugh.. Well I guess its time to choose my priorities and I am going to have to say that Logan having a great weekend is number 1.

What are you working on today? I have spent most of the week searching for the perfect embroidery designs to finish a project that I have had in my head for ever and have not acted on. Needless to say the last minute searching has not turned out as I had planned so my project has changed a bit.

Here is a sneak peek of the banner that I am working on for Logan's high chair birthday banner.


 
The pennant (triangle banner) I found at Yummy Factory. I started with the High Chair Banner, trying to find the perfect embroidery designs to put on for our little cowboy but couldn't find a design that I liked that was small enough. I was using fabric from stash and we didn't want the designs to get lost in the print of the fabric. I ended up deciding to use the full size Birthday Banner for the pennants so that the perfect #1 would fit on the banner. The #1 can be found at Applique For Kids.
 
 
 
While trying to turn the pennants right side out I couldn't find my trusty Purple Thang (yes I have more than one but can never seem to find them when I need them) So I resorted to Keith's Chop sticks. They work perfectly and I know that I can always find them in the silverware drawer.. Smiles.

Stay tuned for the rest of the banner.. and any other birthday/ easter goodies that I can get made for Logan last minute..

1 comment:

Cindy said...

NOW I know what to do with those chop sticks. LOL
Cute, cute banner.