Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Logan's 2nd Easter

Well by default this year will be Logan's 2nd Easter. He was actually only a few days old last Easter so it really didn't make any sense to put him on the Easter Bunnies list for a basket and Easter Egg hunt. But this year is different. Though I am sure he doesnt remember Logan helped me pick out the plastic easter eggs a couple weeks ago and I have had projects on this list to make for months.


Easter happens to fall on Logan's birthday this year so we will be doing alot of celebrating. Today I pulled out fabrics to make a Zippered Easter Egg Pouch using a machine embroidery design that can be purchased at Embroidery Garden. The designs are reasonably priced and always stitch out great! Keith makes jokes that some of my fabric is girlie and Logan is a boy but really it doesn't matter. Logan plays with everything, is facinated by all and I'm sure will love what ever he is given.

Here are the fabric for the first pouch (depending on how long it takes me I may make more and in different sizes) Stripes for the outside and green feathers/grass for the lining.



After a power outage and a few mistakes because I didn't take my time and re-read the directions here is the finished Zippered Egg Pouch And though this pouch is not perfect it was approved by Logan who is facinated by zippers.



I will make another couple before easter to actually put in his easter basket with felt bunnies and other things to go with them. The plan is to make some finger puppets and things like that. Until the next time...

1 comment:

Moneik said...

Mikaela loves zippers too.