Wednesday, December 9, 2009

More Holiday Helpers!!

I guess it has been a couple years but a while ago I set out to do the 12 days of Christmas gifts and it ended up being so much more. Here is the link to my previous post 12 days of Christmas part 1 and then to the post following it Part 2. Keep in mind that some of the links may be dead ends but alot of them still work. If you see something that you like and the link doesn't work let me know and I will do a search for some other great projects that are similar.

I know that there are alot of people out there that do other things like crochet and Knit so I figured what is the harm in posting about those things as well. I know that this blog is titled Quilting Adventures but it wasn't always that way .. I Changed it a while back and have no idea why. I actually crochet and learned to do it at about age 5, what can I say I wanted to know what mommy was doing. After joining the navy I rarely crochet and even less now due to the nerve in my arm. I actually tried to crochet a project a couple weeks back and failed miserably had to ask mom to do it for me.

I personally would like to set a goal to crochet, knit or cross stitch, plastic canvas, or quilt 5 small ornaments for our Christmas tree this year. I think that is a safe goal.. anyone what to join me? I have a few ornaments in mind some that I already posted about and then others that I saw and will post about now.



This blog has alot of neat things. The lady has decided to take a break but alot of her patterns are for sale on ravelry. She has some cute patterns for Christmas ornaments starting here.





Here is a Christmas light ornament.. very cute

and a couple of reindeer's here and here.

I hope that you will join me if you have time to play and make a few ornaments whether they go on your tree or get used as package toppers I think it will be fun and those 5 before christmas shouldn't be to hard to achieve.

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

That ornament is too cool!! Making ornaments is a really cool idea! It might be too late for me to do any this year, but something to think about for next year!