Monday, January 7, 2008

Another Hello and checking in

Well I wanted to check in and say hello to everyone.. things here in Yuma are going alright. The town isn't much different than the one that I grew up in (Lancaster California) I think that I could really like it here with out all the dumb rules that the military imposes on us. We aren't allowed to do anything with out a buddy so I haven't been out in town all that much. I have seen the Joanns and the micheals but then there is the thing about working with a bunch of guys so my buddy is usually a guy that doesn't want to go fabric or craft shopping. I think I mentioned in the last post that I have 3 room mates so sewing is pretty much out of the question. I thought about renting a hotel room for just one night so that I could just have some time to myself but that is alot of money to spend that I could use on something else.
I'm thinking about getting a lap top computer here at the end of the week... being able to take my internet and EQ6 with me where ever I go is starting to sound really good. I'm not sure if that is because I'm stuck here with out my desktop computer or what. We'll see if I can talk my self out of it ... or maybe talk myself into a less exensive laptop that would be great too.
I can't wait to get home and give my meows lovies.. I miss them so much.. I miss my bed and the shower/ bathtub.... I am going to take a long hot bath when I get home that is for sure.. I may even go over to bath and body and get some special soap for the bath ...
I have to get all dressed up to go to a friends Marine Corps Ball the day after I get back.. that should be fun and then my brother and sister-in-law (Ryan and Molly) and the same friend are going to my squadron ball on the 17th. My brother is suposed to wear a tuxedo.. Smiles.. that should be a sight to see too.
Anyway that is the update on me.. nothing going on here.. The family has decided to do a round robin gift giving thing this year youngest gives to the next oldest.. and so on.. I get to give to Jeremy and Kathy (my brother and sister in law that live in Nebraska). Kathy loves scrapbooking so I am looking at some things for that.. then Jeremy is a comuter guru.. electronic gadget type of guy so I haven't decided what to get him just yet.
This way we know way in advance who we have to give to. Next year I have Sean and Christy that will be super easy.. I already have a quilt top made for sean all I have to do is the borders have it quilted and put on binding and its done... piece of cake.
Well I have to run but I will try to check in again in a few days... Miss you all !!!

Comments:

Thursday, October 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
It was good to hear from you again I've been wondering how you were doing in Yuma. Wow they have a Joanns and a Michaels. That town sure has grown. When I lived there in 73 there was nothing. There was one store and I can't think of the name of it that was more like an old fashioned dime store. There was one department store and that was in Old Yuma. A lap top for you would probably be a good idea since you do travel alot. From what I've seen they are now pretty inexpensive. Ah the good old days of going to the Marine Corp Ball. I have such memories of going to our last one on base, what a time we had. Take care and talk to you soon Cindy

Thursday, October 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
It's good to hear from you , Heather. You're really sick of being in the military, aren't you? Did you decide to get out? and when would that be? I bet you're just itching to get your hands on a sewing machine and some fabric. Rhoda

Thursday, October 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts
Glad to hear you are doing okay. Which Yuma are you in? I"m thinking CA, but I was just in Yuma, CO, so didn't know for sure. I know it's hard to go without sewing, but it'll be there when you get back.

No comments: