Sunday, January 6, 2008

Some questions...

Wow I don't even know where to begin.
I have a pattern for a checkbook cover that calls for fuseable interfacing but doesn't say whether it needs to be like clothing interfacing or fast2fuse or timtex.. So what are your suggestions? Then I have an eyeglasses case that calls for Timtex. Where in the world do I purchase that? Has anyone used it? What are your thoughts?
Heres another good one... I have a pattern for a tic tac toe board and a checkers board.. they are really cute and call for round wooden pieces for the playing pieces. Your supposed to paint the pieces etc etc. I thought that I could use buttons instead.. bright Idea right? Well it would be if I could find enough of the large buttons of the right colors. I have 3 of these bags of buttons that I for the life of me can't remember the name of the company I bought them from (bought them at a quilt/ craft show here in california) They would be perfect I remember the company selling bags of multi colored ones too... Has any one seen these? and can maybe remind me where to get them?

Heather

Comments:

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
I've never been too fussy about what kind of fusible I use. I usually only have the lighter stuff on hand, so that's what I use. I haven't used it much in quilting, so someone else might have better ideas. As for the buttons, how about looking online? You should be able to order a specific size. Rhoda

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
I get my fusible interfacing from my local dressmaking shop. It's cheaper than bond and web and softer to use. My local Quilt shop sells Timetex so try there, if not I'm sure an online craft shop will sell it as it seems to be quite popular , over here anyway love and hugs gina xx

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
As far as the timtex goes, if you can't find it pick up a package of the June Tailor brand that's already cut to a 12" x 12" for her fabric bowls. I've found that at JoAnn's. Or, Dritz also sells some, it's folded up in a cellophane bag. You've just got to look because none if it is called Timtex.

No comments: