Monday, January 7, 2008

Hello Again

Just wanted to stop by and say Hi!! I got to pick up some quilting magazines today so that was pretty exciting. I'm saving them to read tonight when I get really bored. I was hanging out with a friend this morning that actually asked if I wanted to go in to Joanns.. smiles.. As much as I wanted to say yes I told him that I could do it when I got home because I went out and bought that laptop that I had been talking about earlier. We have yet to figure out how to get it to connect to the wireless internet. It's not seeing the Hot Spot connection even though there are other people that can get it to come up on theirs.. go figure I don't know. If I had my EQ6 program I would be set until I got home I could quilt and create on the computer and not bother my room mates at all.
Tired of the military? No I love my job, love wearing my uniform, I'm just tired of fighting to prove that I am worth advancing to a higher paygrade, and tired of being punished for the mistakes made by other people. It gets old being told that I am not allowed to drive, visit establishments out in town and things like that due to the mistakes that were made by other people. Just like when you little and your parents tell you not to do something, and it makes you want to do it even more... Smiles
I have about 21 more days left here in Arizona and then its back to San Diego. I have until the begining of April and I will be finished with active duty. I plan on staying in the reserves once I get out so that I will eventually get a retirement from the military. As far as what I'm going to be doing when I get out that has yet to be determined. I'm applying at Lockheed and a few of the other Aeronautical companies and I will be going back to school. I'm probably going to go to school for elementary education but I have alot of credits in Aviation Maintenance and Accounting so I have some opportunities there.
Well that is about aas exciting as I get today. Just to be able to jump in the swing of things I signed up for a snowman block swap when I get back. blocks are due on Thanksgiving so I'll have to find another fun project for that weekend. My younger brother and his fiancee and I are spending Thanksgiving together.. I guess he's cooking (he loves to cook and makes some great meals) We sit around playing video games and watching movies.. and this year ryan said he set me up a table to be able to sew at... Smiles
I have got to run but will check in again when I can.

Heather

Comments:

Saturday, October 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
It was good to hear from you again so soon. You've been missed by all of us. Congratulations on the lap top. I had a feeling you'd end up with one. Way to go.

Sunday, October 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
I'm glad you plan on staying in the reserves to get your retirement. It just makes sense. My husband is the computer smarty around here, but I know our laptop needs a card to connect with the wireless internet. That's the extent of my knowledge. It sounds like you will be getting back into the swing of sewing when you get back. Your educational plans sound really good. In Michigan there are a glut of teachers, but I understand that isn't true for other parts of the country. Rhoda

No comments: