Monday, January 7, 2008

San Diego Fires

I haven't been online in a few days things have been pretty crazy around here. Sunday I received a phone call from the girl that was watching my apartment to tell me that there was a fire in the town about 30 miles away and that they thought due to the wind that it was headed to Ramona (where I live). I notified my chain of command in Yuma arizona.. to make a long story short they waited until about 630 pm before giving me the okay to go back to San Diego (or what I though was the okay... another long painful story) I headed back to san diego only to arrive just as they were mandatory evacuating everyone... and wouldn't let me back up the canyon to my apartment. My friend was kind enough to get up there to get my kittys when she had the chance and she barely had the ability to get them before they told her she had to leave. So I'm safe, the kitties are safe and the apartment well that at this point is anybodys guess. I was told by some one else that they thought the apartment was okay but until I can get in there and see for my self its one of those things you just have to hope for the best. Currently I am headed back to Yuma they command there decided that I could not wait to be let in to check things out... they said I have to wait until they release me which at this point is anybodys guess. I will probably be here another 2 weeks if not more because they want to be in my opinion stupid about the whole situation. My parent command (VMFAT-101) on the other hand is trying to convince the people here in Yuma that it is important to let us go so crossing my fingers that some one shows some common sense.

Heather

Comments:

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
Oh Heather, what a mess! I'm so sorry about everything that has gone on. As a quilter I have to say "What about your machine, all your fabric, your quilting toys!" But of course, the good news is that your kitties are fine. Everything else can be replaced. I was looking at pictures of the Malibu area because Kevin went to Pepperdine law school. We saw several pictures of that area. The church he attended while in school there was totally destroyed by fire. Can you buy fire insurance there? Rhoda

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Heather, what is VMFAT-101? My dad was in VMFA-101 when he was stationed in Yuma. Or I guess...what's the difference? Or is everything in Yuma VMFA something-101? God, I hope your APT is ok. I'm SOOOO glad your kitties got out. Now what are you going to do with them in Yuma? Do you have a place for them?

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
The most important thing is you and your kitties are safe .The rest can all be replaced if need be .I was watching it on the news its just terrible ,so many homes lost .I hope you are one of the lucky ones as far as your apt.goes but thank god you are alright.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
What a mess but I'm glad that the kitties got out safe. When I was first married we were stationed at the air base in Yuma. My husband was part of the VMFA-101 and was a radar technician on the F4B. Phantom. The military can always be funny when they want to be. While you're there are you living in the enlisted barracks? For some reason I can still remember out address which was 1837B. S. W. Loop Road. They were great when we were there because they were fairly new. Hang in there.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by kjsartist
You must be going nuts. Not knowing can drive a person to the brink. I wish you luck.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
I am glad that the kitties will be OK. I hope that your apartment will be, too! I hope that your leaving thinking that you had the OK didn't get you into too much trouble. jillquilts.blogspot.com

No comments: