Monday, January 7, 2008

Saturday

Well they are starting to make the preparations to go home.. not soon enough in my opinion. Yuma isn't a bad place.. it's not a bad town at all and it has a cracker barrel resturant and that makes it all the better. If we had a cracker barrel in San Diego life would be great. Now that I know its only 3 hours away from me I may just make the trip here to go to cracker barrel.. lots of secret sister ideas there that is for sure.
So tonight we are inspecting aircraft to be able to send them home. In other words unless things get broken I have absolutely nothing to do.
I do have the quilt pink magazine that Jen was talking about in her blog. I haven't had the chance to look at it but I paid the $15 for the ability to look at it when I have the chance. I bought it the day I went home because we couldn't find it hear in Yuma.
Oh Jen had asked about what VMFAT-101 was .. It's Marine Fighter Attack Training Squadron. The V just means that its fixed wing. So I looked it up and I am infact in the same squadron that your dad was in. Here is the website for the squadron history http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMFAT-101 here are some other pictures of the squadron http://image.flymcaa.org/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=285&g2_navId=x8b4d8ae8 . Don't get me wrong I love my job I really do but I am just tired of working hard and feeling like I'm going no where. That and being punished for the stupidity of others. There is alot of things that I will miss about being in the military.. perhaps the one I will miss the most is not having to pick out and iron clothes for work.. it's so easy to just grab a pair of cover alls from the laundry and go. Maybe I will get my fill 1 weekend a month.. ha ha ha
Hope everyone is having a great week

Heather

Comments:

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Yeah! I'm soooo glad you get to go home!

No comments: