Monday, January 7, 2008

Back From Colorado

Well we are back from colorado.. glad to be back in california where all my things are close but not glad to be back to the heat.. the weather in colorado was so much nicer. We had a good time for the most part dad and I got alot of work done. Not as mich as we wanted to but none the less more than he would have by himself. I didn't get any sewing done but hope to get some done tonight once it cools down. I did finish my square for our challange in another group before I left though. I will have to read tonight how to post pictures for show.
We did have some excitement though, spent one day at the ER mom smooshed her fingers in the roll up garage door.. OUCH.. so one of our next projects at that house will be an automatic garage door opener. That way some one else doesn't do the same thing. We are all thankful that she did it while we were there to help and not while she was there by herself.
Oh and there was a black bear and her triplet cubs that were roaming the yards there in the canyon. I didn't get to see them but they were hanging out in a neighboring yard, the neighbor blew her air horn to let everyone know that the mama was roaming around so that we could go inside.
I'm not a fisher by any means but we did fish a little from the bank there at the back of my parents property.. I caught a little baby fish yelled for dad to take it off my hook ... LOL... about that time it was getting dark and not safe to be out with the mama bear roaming so we cleaned up for the evening and went inside.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Sure sounds like you had a nice time visiting your family. I live in Kentucky but it sounds alot like were your parents live. We fish, hunt, and have tons of wild animals running around. We live on a farm and I love it here, I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. Can't wait to see you new block that you finished. I always love looking at other peoples work, it can be so inspiring. Glad your mom is okay. Kristie

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
I'm so sorry your mom got hurt! It was so nice you got to spend time with them, though. It's always a treat to see any of my kids, 3 of whom live nearby, but it's doubly a treat to see Kevin who's in the Navy. He may be home some time this fall or winter, and we plan to go to Hawaii in Feb. Rhoda

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
I'm sorry your mom got hurt. Good idea about adding an automatic opener. It sounds like you had quite the weekend!! Wow, bears so close. I'd be freaked!

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
I am so jealous. That sounds like my dream location. I'm glad you had a good time and that your mum wasn't too badly hurt love and hugs gina xxx

No comments: