Monday, January 7, 2008

Good Evening or should I say morning for most

Well I thought that I was going to pass on the Southern California Quilt run, just didn't want to make the trip by myself. But some where through out the week I changed my mind. Figured that if the navy was going to send me to Arizona for 2 months that I was going to do something quilty before I had to go. I wish that some one quilty was closer and up to joining me on the run. Apparently that isn't the cool thing to do among the people that I know here.
I had planned on driving to Mom's after work tonight, as the farthest store away was the one across town from Mom and Dad's. That way I could start at her house in the morning and work my way South and when I got tired just finish the drive home to San Diego. (Since I have a class Saterday morning at the LQS) It really made sense to me as long as I wasn't too tired to drive home after work. But mom didn't understand my plan and told me she got special food for us for dinner tomorrow (I hadn't planned on being there for dinner but won't hurt her feelings) I think that she is lonely since my dad has been gone most of 2 weeks on business trips.
Mind you she has my 2 kitties and my brothers 2 kitties because he was gone to Lake tahoe with his fiancee and her family.. and that is to add on to the 4 kitties that mom and dad have. I know 8 sounds like a lot of kitties in one house but if you can believe it you rarely even know most of them are there... well until you open the screen doors in the evening (they like the cool air) then you might find two or 3 at each window. So she's not alone alone.. she says Thelma and Louise (my kitties) give her great lovies especially at about 130 in the morning (HA HA HA) I think I finally convinced her that was because about that time is when I get home from work so that is their people time. They have schedules too.
Well I have to run but will let you know what I find.. smiles

Heather

Comments:

Friday, July 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
That sounds like a lot of fun, but it's too bad you have to go alone! If I weren't way across the country I'd go with you! Show us the things you couldn't live without. Rhoda

Friday, July 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
I'm sorry you have to go alone. If I was out there, you know I'd go with you in a heartbeat! I think it's funny that your kitty's are getting her up at 1:30am for their people time. That really makes sense to me though...the DO have a schedule. You should see my mom's dog as 5:30 is approaching. At 5:30 he gets his insulin and dinner. He's NUTS.

Friday, July 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
It's terrible that you have to go it alone. I do hope you enjoy yourself while being gone for 2 months. Please keep in touch with us... Kristie

No comments: