Monday, January 7, 2008

Todays Update

The fires are getting better or so I have heard I haven't had the chance to watch tv or really look anything up on the news.. maybe because it just doesn't make me feel any better. I have heard that they are now acessing my area.. I'm not on the destroyed list so far so I'm feeling a little better about things. My kitties are at Amandas house.. that would have been great if I could have brought them back here.. actually it really would have brought things home to these people.. ha ha ... last time I talked to amanda Lilly was still tormenting her guniea pigs.. I'm not sure what her facination was with them other than that they were little like her. Thelma and Louise I'm sure didn't mind that she was busy because that ment she wasn't bothering them. They were all very cuddly for the night that I was home... made coming back hard but at least I know they didn't forget me when I was gone.
Believe it or not I had my sewing machine in the back of my truck when I went to yuma because I thought that I was going to be able to use it ... so its safe.. smiles. The fabric though it meant alot is replaceable.. As long as my street stays off that destroyed list I'll be ok with the exception of smoke damage... we know of at least one window that got left open by accident. There were reports of looters in Ramona too but we're hoping that since I live so close to the sheriff station that people wouldn't be that stupid.
I wish that there was more to write about but my head is kind of in a fog .. Seven more days and I can go home.. Hopefully I'll be able to take some time off.

Heather

Comments:

Thursday, October 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
It will be nice to get home again, see what's going on there, be among your familiar things and not crowded together in an apartment. Kevin was supposed to fly to LA this weekend for training but the funds got cancelled, so he's staying in Hawaii. I heard the San Diego base was evacuated. Did you hear that too? Rhoda

Thursday, October 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
My fingers are staying crossed for you. I'm glad the kitties and the machine is safe. You know that you have enough friends that should your fabric be smoke damaged we'll all happily send you some stash! =) -Jen www.cre8tivequilter.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
Keep us posted! I hope everything works out and that your fabric is OK! -Jill www.jillquilts.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
I'm glad too that the kitties are OK. Just keep in mind like Jen said there are enough of us that we'd be able to replace your stash really easy. Hey that's great you're on the short list for leaving.

No comments: