Monday, January 7, 2008

My Phone call today ... a little venting

So today I received a phone call from the agency that I adopted Lilly from. They wanted to know how she was doing so that they could close out her file etc etc. I haven't talked to them yet but the first thought that went through my head was your worried about me and how I am taking care of this little meow? The poor thing has been to the vet 4 or 5 times and one they discovered that the vet who fixed her.. (done while she was with this agency) didn't do a very good job or perhaps was in a hurry so she was thought to have a hernia and now My vet thinks that it might just be scar tissue that has caused a lump.. But they are worried about me... Hmm.
Don't get me wrong I love my kitties and would do almost anything for them... and something about her drawed me to her.. there was no way around it she was going to be mine. Even when they tried to talk me out of taking her because she "Might not like me" I decided that she was going to be mine. You know for a cat that might not like me she sure follows me around alot.. and sleeps across my neck or above my head on the pillow. And aside from a few hisses here and there she is getting along with my other Kitties. I think that we were all just meant to be together.
Sorry for the venting but it kindof annoyed me that they interrogated me short of doing a background check to see that I was suitable to be her owner. The vet said the eye infection was dormant 3 to 7 days before it is visable so she got it while in their care because my other 2 were not around and they were fine.. and she doesn't go outside so she caught it from some where else other than my house.
I understand they are trying to do the right thing by these animals but I some times wonder if they are in too much of a hurry or maybe trying to help too many.. Does that make sense?

Thanks for listening

Heather

Comments:

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Oh I know exactly what you mean. Our peanut came with Kennel Cough and it was HORRIBLE. I never felt a little body shudder so much.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by maryann64
Hi I can relate in Toronto to get a animal from the Humane Society you have to practically be willing to open your life to them very harrasting (can't spell) the people doing the interviewing get full of themselves. Enjoy your kitty.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts
I hope that the call wasn't anything serious! Keep us posted!

No comments: