Friday, January 25, 2008

That does it!!

I am going to learn to paper piece this year even if it kills me. I have to finish a block for one of my groups challenge fabric block and though I found ALOT of blocks that woul look awesome with this bit of fabric alot of them are paper piece. If I hadn't procrastinated I would have had a couple weeks to practice and get it right before cutting up the fabric.
So I am going to have to settle for something else this time. I think I have it all figured out now to find the complimentary fabric (not sure where I put it) after that its on to sewing and then to bed I have Thimbleberries club tomorrow morning bright and early.

7 comments:

Jen said...

You can SEEEEWWWWW do it Heather!! I know you can. I was anti paper piecing for YEARS and now I love it.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

I *love* paper piecing! I have never used it in a quilt, but I have a couple of blocks that I made and it is fun and easy!

Cindy said...

You'll end up being a pro at it. Paper piecing still throws me for a loop but one of these days I'll figure it out.

Kristie said...

Paper piecing is not that bad. I only learned myself this past year and I really like it. It is a little bit messy, but I don't know why I was so afraid to try it, it's not that bad at all. Good Luck!!
Kristie

Maureen said...

I am not a paper piecer and the last one I did was soo painful that I said I wouldn't do it again...Jen Promises Me that I can do it and she is going to show me. If I can do it so can you!

Take care,
Maureen

Beth said...

Let me know if you get stuck. I'm about to do a block for a chat friend who lost her mom. I would be willing to take some pictures as I progress. I dont know about YOU, but in my house, pictures are worth MORE thatn a 1000 words!

Moneik said...

You can do it! I thought it was really hard, but I got a Carol Doak book and followed along and now i can do any paper piecing and I love it. I've done a wall hanging and several small blocks for table toppers. Good Luck and let us know if you need help.