Monday, January 7, 2008

Weekend ended too soon

I know it has been forever since I last wrote, almost a week. Things got pretty crazy having to go into work early a couple days. Thursday I worked a consession stand at the baseball park to raise money for our Marine Corps Birthday Ball, and then I was kinda lazy the rest of the weekend.
Friday I drove into town and went to the LQS to find some fabric to go with the fabric I recieved in an ugly swap project. I picked fabric twice already but didn't like it. Then it came to me maybe it wasn't the fabric that wasn't working out maybe it was the pattern that I had choosen. I wanted to make something that my swap partner could use.. you know a thread catcher something. So I thought that these wallet patterns that I had would be really cute but I thought if she thought that the fabric was ugly when she sent it to me will she really use a wallet? Hmmm..
Then I thought well if I spread out the fabric.. so that its not so in your face maybe it will look better and she will like it better. Mind you I started out with a fat quarter of the ugly fabric (Not so ugly.. I wouldn't have picked it though) and only used about 1 3/4 inch strip (maybe 2 strips I can't remember) and put it in a wall hanging. I will post pictures as soon as I get that camera card and charge the battery ( have yet to find the memory card or the battery charger).. Ugh. Maybe I'll just have to use my video camera it has a picture function.
Any way I still have a good portion of this fat quarter left and don't want her (my swap partner) to think that I cheated her. So I want to find something else to make with some of this fabric.. any ideas? I thought a pot holder or maybe even that wallet afterall? A glasses case? Some Coasters?
My next dilemma.. I have a challange fabric that I need to make a square from...we have decided to make things easier on each other that we will choose a style of block ahead of time.. like 9 patch, star, etc. This months style is a 9 patch... the challenge fabric is white background, with what looks to me like pink and green palm fronds.. it is a medium to large print.. What is your favorite 9 patch?
Then last on my list (should be first or I'll never get it done) is put together things to take to my parents when I go on leave on tuesday.. I wanted to actually cut fabric and stuff so that I would hopefully save space.. not have to take a cutting mat except the small one..
Well it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to finish my thought process on this work calls.. talk to everyone later

Comments:

Monday, June 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
What if you use the rest of the ugly fat quarter to back something? That's the thing I don't get about ugly fat quarter swaps, if the person sending it thinks it's ugly, why do they want it back made into something? You could make it the back of coasters, or the back of a hot pad! =)

Monday, June 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
I don't get that whole ugly fabric swap thing. So where are you going for vacation with your parents? I'd play it by ear. Take a few things along but don't plan out your whole time. Enjoy and relax and what happens happens. Cindy

No comments: