Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thoughts of a new place to call home

So I sat here thinking about my upcoming move to Lemoore California. Mom and I have talked about alot of things you know the usual safe neighborhood.. the idea of buying instead of renting or renting to own. There are ALOT of forclosures so Dad seems to think that I can get in a rent with the option to buy and really get things off to a good start. We talked about it and though I am able to live and function in a 2 story.. its getting old. So we really want to find a 1 story 2 or 3 bedroom (I have a 2 bedroom now) if possible a garage to hide one of my vehicles (or some of the things I don't want in the house). I have decided that it has to have a washer and dryer!! I am tired of paying $3 a load of laundry and would like to do it when I have time and not when the laundry room is open (even if I have to save for a couple of months before that can come true). Yeah I know that is alot to ask but I guess I just want a normal life to come home to when I leave the squadron at night.
Any way I don't know if your like me but I am always thinking about things that I can design or make to put in my house. (If you like me you always start with good intentions and then the fruits of your labor end up being gifts for some one else) Where am I going with this? Well I want to make some things to start things off right in a new home.. I'm not going to beat myself up about a deadline because that defeats the purpose of having fun with it. I will get what I can done when I can and will little by little make my new house ... HOME.
So while surfing the net I found these:



http://www.joann.com/static/project/0801/P488360.pdf
I thought that they were a great idea. I have an extra set of dishes packed away in a box that I could put in these and store them decoratively in my cabinets.. Pretty cool huh? I haven't decided yet but I have some John Deere Fabric that I'm debating would make these look great and I can always get more. I had originally planned to make placemats and pot holders and things but I think that this would fit the theme too.. smiles.
Then I came across this http://www.joann.com/static/project/0801/P488361.pdf and though I don't have special silverware to store in it I thought that a smaller version could be made. I'm thinking to go in Cindy's Miranda bag with her lunch? There are a couple other silverware/ plasticware pouches that I thought up in my head that would go great too.
Well I guess I have dragged on enough with everything. I'm feeling in the creative mood but don't want to pull everything out since I have to nap and head to work tonight. So I will sit here and write post after post thinking that some day I will catch up with Jen's 500 but I won't at least not before she hits 1500.. LOL

Heather

Comments:

Sunday, January 6, 2008 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
Keeping up with Jen isn't an option in my book. She is so funny to read though. Those things look pretty neat. I would tend to just stack the dishes in my cupboard if I had the room because otherwise it would be a pain to get them out everytime, but it would definately be more protection for them. Rhoda

Sunday, January 6, 2008 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
Those storage containers are awesome. I especially like the silverware one. Next I need to make a new lunch bag not anything huge just enough to hold my lunch and fit in Miranda. Happy house or apartment hunting.

Sunday, January 6, 2008 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
I have some of those for my christms dishes. The I buy felt squares to put between the plates/bowls, etc. Happy house/apartment hunting!!

No comments: