Tuesday, January 8, 2008

School and Lemoore

Wow how to explain Lemoore. Lemoore is a Naval Air Station that is about 5+ hours drive north from where I'm stationed here in San Diego. Thats with NO traffic, you hit traffic on the grapevine and you'll be there any where from 6 to 10 hours. Mom and Dad live half way inbetween the two mileage wise but as far as the drive its shorter to Lemoore (I miss that). I was stationed in Lemoore for F-18 Legacy school. It's not a bad place, except for the small fact that there is not many quilting stores there.. I hope to be able to get past that with the internet and what not.
I am going back to school to learn to work on F-18 Super Hornets, the systems are different so I have to go back to school. It will be a nice break from the ground hog schedule that I live now. Hopefully I will be on days for school but that always depends on who the instructor is and what shift they need supervision on.
Jen thans for the idea of putting felt squares between the dishes I saw that they had used something in the pattern but had yet to figure out what it was. Rhoda I wasn't planning on using them for the everyday dishes, just for the ones that I don't use on a regular bases. Otherwise your right it would become a big pain in the butt.
I can't wait to go house hunting with mom. I really hope to find a great house. I am the only one of 5 kids that still lives in a little tiny apartment. Now I don't mind it being an apartment but I wish that I could have afforded a bigger one here. My kitties need more room and well it would be nice to have a little more space to spread things out so my furniture is not on top of each other.. Oh central air/ heat would be nice for a change rather than the little heater under the window.. LOL
Here is a picture I took of the girls:

Thelma almost always has that disgusted look.. I think maybe its the coloring in her face that makes it look like that. Lilly couldn't lay by herself with me she had to climb up there between her sisters and stretch all out. Louise (Wheezy) is very patient with Lilly and cuddles with her.. they all play together I love it that they get along

Heather

Comments:

Sunday, January 6, 2008 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050
thanks for 'splaining! Your cats are adorable. I miss my kitty. Walter was 14 when he died over a year ago. He was a big orange and white cat who adopted us when he was about half grown - the day our other cat was killed on the road. It was kind of a weird thing. He was a good old boy who really enjoyed helping me sew. Pin a seam, slide the cat away from the needle. Pin a seam, slide the cat. Rhoda

Monday, January 7, 2008 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
Oh your kids are adorable and it's good that they get along so well. Thanks for explaining where it is you're going. I've never heard of that base before. Good luck on the house hunting and keep us informed.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Oh my gosh, they're adorable all together! http://cre8tivequilter.blogspot.com/2008/01/7-random-and-wacky-things-about-me.html Tag, You're it!!

No comments: