Sunday, January 6, 2008

Good Monday Morning

How is everyone doing today? Most are I'm sure back at work.. ewe.. I bet we all wish that quilting could be our work.. I know I do. I haven't actually done the end quilting part, I'm one of those that has a few tops finished and keeps starting new ones. Smiles.. I have a quilt made for 2 of 4 brothers, one for mom and then two that were just for fun.. plus a couple others that are in the works.. I have a row robin to finish putting together, and blocks from our last challenge block that I won .. yeah.
No sewing today.. woke up not feeling great (migraine.. guess its time to go back to the dr) so I went back to bed. Now its time to start getting ready to head to work. Good thing that I already made a lunch yesterday because I'm even procrastinating that today. What are everyones projects today?
Has any one started on christmas things? I have decided that this year I am going to make some things for myself but haven't figured out what. Oh and we are getting ready for our Christmas in July swap so that is the top of my list too.

Comments:
Monday, June 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter
Up until this last year all I did was stitch in the ditch on my tops. I would stitch between the rows in both directions and that was enough. I took a Free motion quilting class just this past november and am first getting brave enough to stipple. I have a few tops myself that are sitting there waiting to be done...until I get brave enough.

Monday, June 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by
Since I'm rather new to quilting, I thought that everyone did their own quilting and were quite good at it. So it came as a surprise to me that some people are no more experienced in that part of it than I am! I started by just doing it. I had no clue what I was doing with stippling, and the tension wasn't great - but the machine was 40 years old and probably wasn't designed for that. I also like doing straight lines - crosshatch or vee shaped - whatever the spot calls for. That's pretty easy, you just have to measure and mark it. I have a table runner top done in blues for my daughter for Christmas. She decorates in blues and silvers. I need to finish that sometime soon. I don't have any other Christmas projects planned. Sorry about your migraine. They're the pits, aren't they? The Chiropractor really helps with mine. RhodaEdited by 51050 on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 02:58 PM

Monday, June 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Sorry, that you feel so bad. Hope you get better soon. As far as quilting goes, I usually just send my to the quilters, she is really cheap. I have handquilted a couple but that really takes a long time. I did my first machine quilting a few weeks ago, and it was only a small wallhanging. Maybe someday, I will do them all myself. I think someone else on here is working on a Christmas project. It's not too early, it will be here before you know it. It is so funny that you use the name Quiling Cowgirl. On here of course, I am Country Quilter or Kristie, but my website is www.quiltincowgirl.blogspot.com it has alot of my quilts on there. I thought that was so cute, I had to tell my husband that I wasn't the only one that was a cowgirl at heart... Kristie

Monday, June 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip
Sorry to hear that you're not feeling all that great. It sounds like you've got a pretty good start on yours quilting. I started a new quilt yesterday so that's what I'm working on now. Feel better Cindy

Monday, June 11, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
I'm sorry that you're not feeling to good I'm lucky that I don't get that many migraines. On the matter of quilting, I do all my own as to send out to a quilter here in the UK costs an arm and a leg. I prefer hand quilting but for speed I machine quilt. Nothing fancy, straight lines and free motion love and hugs gina xxx

No comments: